Leviton Decora Home Controls (DHC) One-Address Wall Mounted Rocker-Within-A-Rocker Dimming Controller (Discontinued)(Model # HXC1D-1TW)
Note: Picture may not represent the actual product. We are continuously working on improving our website and reserve the right to change specifications, availability, and pricing without prior notice.
Dimming Controller Features:
- Controls Leviton’s DHC devices as well as any other manufacturer’s X-10 protocol compliant devices
- Utilizes existing 60Hz 120V AC house wiring for “No New Wires” installation, when neutral wire is present in existing boxes
- Leviton's patented Intellisense Technology greatly improves reliability and reduces false responses compared to other manufacturers' products by virtually eliminating signal problems due to noise
- Green LED illuminates to indicate ON command sent or STATUS ON report received
- Features Leviton’s classic Decora style rocker to blend seamlessly with other Decora devices
- Color change kits allow fast color changeovers. Devices ship in White only. Color Change Kits, DRK1D, must be purchased separately
- May be used to control lights and loads remotely
- Compatible with Decora screwless and Decora standard designer wallplates
The rising cost of energy has put energy efficiency on everyone’s mind. Government regulators are even getting involved in crafting new residential building codes to encourage homeowners to join businesses in curbing energy-waste. Energy Efficiency gives you a helping hand in controlling these costs around your home.
Energy Efficiency Decora Home Controls System
Transform your home from energy waster to energy saver. DHC Dimming Wall Switch Modules can quickly replace your existing switches to add full-range local dimming and brightening, letting you use just enough light to meet your needs and nothing more. Even in the full ON position, advanced dimmers can save energy-and because they dramatically extend the life of light bulbs(which can be challenging to recycle),they are also easier on the environment. They can also respond to command signals sent over your existing AC wiring from the DHC Wall Switch Controllers and Programmers in other locations. Touch one button to make sure all lights are OFF as run out the door. Schedule appliances like washing machines, dryers, pool pumps and sprinklers to run during off-peak hours when utility rates are lower. the possibilities are endless.
Energy Efficiency in Brief:
No new wiring is needed.Selected regular switches and receptacles in the home are replaced with addressable DHC Switch, Receptacle or Plug-In Lamp Receiver Modules. DHC Wall Switch and Tabletop Controller modules or Programmers transmit unique coded commands over your home's existing AC wiring, telling DHC Receiver modules to turn lights ON/OFF/DIM/BRIGHT or appliances ON/OFF. A single address Controller located at the home exit switches lights ALL ON/ALL OFF. A DHC Programmer can add scheduled remote control of lightning and appliances to your energy saving efforts. All components are designed for use with the complete line of Home Controls products-allowing you to expand the system at any time.
- Decora Home Controls help save energy with local and remote dimming of lights and scheduling of appliances to run during off-peak hours when electric rates are low.
- Turn all lights OFF at the touch of a button when you leave home
- Replaces existing switches and receptacles and requires no new wiring
* Recommended in all DHC installations to ensure system reliability